THE FJORD TRAIL RIDE
3D/2N Torres del Paine.
Ideal for beginners and young riders, this 3-day experience shows you Torres del Paine from an entirely new perspective. Criollo horses and a local baqueano will accompany you through woods, past lakes, along rivers and to glaciers – all while you simply gaze in awe at your surroundings.
• Wilderness horseback riding experience
• Visit forests, rivers, valleys, wetlands, lakes, and glaciers
• Ride Criollo horses
• Suitable for beginners and young riders
• Stay in campsites and guest houses
• Boat trip through the Last Hope Sound
DAY 1 Meet the horses — Ride to Lake Brush
We meet at noon at the National Park’s administration and take a transfer south across the Serrano River to a traditional Patagonian farmhouse. Here, we’ll choose horses to accompany us on our journey to a secluded valley at the border of Torres del Paine National Park. To get there, we’ll ride across several rivers and trot through landscapes filled with wetlands and lakes, while views of the Paine Massif and its glaciers alter alongside us. We’ll set up camp on the shores of Lake Brush and enjoy a hearty Patagonian style barbecue.
10 MINUTES TRANSFER.
4-HOUR RIDE, WALKING, AND TROTTING.
NIGHT AT LAKE BRUSH CAMPSITE (BL-BBQ).
DAY 2 One-way trail ride to Serrano Glacier.
After a nourishing breakfast, we’ll set off for Bernardo O’Higgins National Park. Today’s trail is a peaceful one, taking us through humid forests and following the Serrano River until its mouth at the Last Hope Sound. Our destination is Hostería Balmaceda, where there are wonderful views of the Serrano Glacier as it seems to cascade into the lagoon beneath it. Here, we’ll leave our horses to their guide’s care, enjoy dinner together and settle in for a good night’s rest.
5-HOURS RIDE, WALKING
NIGHT AT HOSTERIA BALMACEDA (B-BL-D)
DAY 3 Boat trip to Puerto Natales
Our day begins crossing the river into the Last Hope Sound by zodiac, coming face-to-face with the steeply-descending Serrano Glacier at the foot of Mount Balmaceda (2148 m). We’ll take a short walk up to the glacier where we’ll board a boat bound for Puerto Natales via the Last Hope Sound. We will arrive to Puerto Natales around 6.00 pm.
10 MINUTES BY ZODIAC
45 MIN WALK
3 HOURS BY BOAT (B-L)
- All private transport indicated in the itinerary
- All horses, saddles, and packhorses
- Helmets, Leather chaps, leather gloves, saddlebags, dry bags
- All meals indicated in the schedule (B: Breakfast, BL: picnic lunch, D: dinner, BBQ: barbecue)
- One night at Lake Brush camp (Mountain Hardwear, Trango 3.1 triple tents, double occupancy basis)
- One night at Hosteria Balmaceda (Twin standard rooms)
- Entrance fee to Bernardo O´Higgins National Park
- Guide (English-Spanish languages), plus a Baqueano (local cowboy)
- Navigation from Monte Balmaceda to Puerto Natales
- Any additional nights
- Medical expenses
- Travel insurance (insurance for air medical rescue service – first aid and/or evacuation – included)
- Personal expenses
- Sleeping bag and mattress
- Entrance fee to Torres del Paine (USD $ 40)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the Hostería Balmaceda
- Gratuities for Guide & Baqueano
PRICES SEASON 2019/2020: (Valid until April de 2020)
2-3 pasengers USD$ 1.595
4-8 passengers USD$ 1.395
Single supplemen USD$ 200
- 5 -7